Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

How Newsroom went from watchable to Liberal Attack machine


HBO’s Newsroom started as an interesting show on what an imaginary news program would be like.  I really liked the pilot.  By the third episode it was unwatchable and yet another line of attacks on conservative politics.  I guess I should have known what was coming but I hoped they would be more informed, more balanced, or just plain more interesting.   Instead, we get the same old trope that the tea party is controlled by the Koch brothers.  Each show is shriller, less interesting, and more liberal.  It got so bad by the third episode that they decided there is no use debating since they know better.  This is what Thomas Sowell calls the liberal vision of the anointed and makes it unwatchable.  I wonder how much of the audience is conservative and when the others will stop watching.  My limit was the third episode.  

1 comment:

  1. You expected something different from the same network that treats us to Bill Maher's bitter, hateful attacks on anybody and anything not pre-certified by moveon.org?

    ReplyDelete