Total Pageviews

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I want to tell people how to save money.

First, if you have high speed internet do yourself a favor and get a Ooma for your home phones.  After the cost of the Ooma all you pay is the taxes.  I get my home phone service for under 4 dollars a month. 

Second, if you want cell phone service sign up at Republic Wireless where you get unlimited phone, text, and data for $19.95/month after you buy one of their phones for $99.00.  The way they do it is to use wifi for most things where wifi exists and that brings down the costs.

As I get other things I will pass them on.  If you have other hints add to the list!

2 comments:

  1. I have Republic Wireless too. I had only one problem. I had terrible interference when using WiFi on calls to my parents who live next door. I don't know if it was because of how close we were or what. All other calls, texts, internet activity works great. So, I got a wireless intercom system to communicate with the folks, and it's all good. It sounds like an expensive solution but not when you think of what regular cell service costs. $20 a month is phenomenal!! I have not heard of Ooma, so thanks for that tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should explain that turning off wifi for calls to and from mom and dad and then turning it back on was too much, and keeping wifi off whenever I was home while my home wifi was available was also too much, so that is why I went with the intercom.

    ReplyDelete